FortiClient is a Fabric Agent that delivers protection, compliance, and secure access in a single, modular lightweight client. A Fabric Agent is a bit of endpoint software that runs on an endpoint, such as a laptop or mobile device, that communicates with the Fortinet Security Fabric to provide information, visibility, and control to that device. It also enables secure, remote connectivity to the Security Fabric.
The FortiClient Fabric Agent can:
- Report to the Security Fabric on the status of a device, including applications running and firmware version.
- Send any suspicious files to a Fabric Sandbox.
- Enforce application control, USB control, URL filtering, and firmware upgrade policies.
- Provide malware protection and application firewall service.
- Enable the device to connect securely to the Security Fabric over either VPN (SSL or IPsec) or ZTNA tunnels, both encrypted. The connection to the Security Fabric can either be a FortiGate Next-generation Firewall or SASE service.