Aruba's RFProtect software module protects the network against wireless threats to network security by incorporating wireless intrusion protection into the network infrastructure and eliminating the need for a separate system of RF sensors and security appliances. The RFProtect module provides unmatched wireless network visibility to administrators, and thwarts malicious wireless attacks, impersonations, and intrusions.
* Integrated wireless intrusion detection and prevention reduces deployment and management costs by using access points to simultaneously serve clients and contain wireless threats, thus avoiding the need for overlay IDS systems with dedicated sensors.
* Automatic threat mitigation protects the network from unauthorized clients and ad hoc networking even as they roam by continuously scanning the network environment, centrally evaluating forensic data, and actively containing rogues and locking down device configuration.
* Customizable security policies allow the flexibility to define organization-specific security policies that are defined by criteria such as location, device or configuration.
* Automated compliance reporting significantly reduces the complexity and time needed to meet industry policy mandates for PCI, HIPAA, DoD 8100.2, and GBLA with fully automated report distribution that is tailored to specific audit requirements.
RFProtect Wireless Intrusion Protection Features
* TotalWatch air monitoring
* Monitor 2.4-, 4.9- and 5-GHz bands
* Granular 5-MHz channel scanning
* Dynamic dwell times to focus on channels with traffic
* Rogue identification and containment
* Rule-based rogue classification
* Wireless containment via tarpitting
* Location tracking via AirWave software
* Impersonation detection and prevention
* Client intrusion prevention
* Denial-of-service (DoS) attack detection
* Probing and network discovery
* Network intrusion detection