vFeed framework is an open source naming scheme concept that provides extra structured detailed third-party references and technical characteristics for a CVE entry through an extensible XML schema. It also improves the reliability of CVEs by providing a flexible and comprehensive vocabulary for describing the relationship with other standards and security references.
vFeed utlises XML-based format output to describe vulnerability, it can be leveraged as input by various security tools/ researchers as part of their vulnerability description. In fact, the standard syntax is very easy to interprete by humans and systems.
- Built using open source technologies
- Fully downloadable SQLite local vulnerability database
- Structured new XML format to describe vulnerabiltiies
- Based on major open standards CVE, CPE, CWE, CVSS
- Support to correlation with 3rd party security references (CVSS, OSVDB, OVAL)
- Extended to support correlation with security assessment and patch vendors (Nessus, Exploit-DB, Redhat, Microsoft)
- Simple & ready to use Python module with more than 30 methods