Forcepoint’s Advanced Classification Engine (ACE) delivers optimized threat defenses through deep content inspection of traffic, which is performed in real time. ACE’s eight defense assessment areas enable Forcepoint solutions to protect against emerging threats — including the most advanced zero-day attacks and APTs — while improving productivity and compliance through strong outbound content visibility and containment controls.
Forcepoint ACE is maintained by Forcepoint X-Labs researchers. Its capabilities include:
- Heuristic analytics to identify zero-day and other novel advanced threats
- Inline SSL inspection to secure all web traffic
- A decision engine that routes all content to appropriate defense assessment areas Internal checks and balances to ensure accuracy
- Machine learning and statistical analysis to remain predictive, proactive, and relevant
- Constant updates from Forcepoint ThreatSeeker Intelligence
Forcepoint ACE inspects traffic content and usage patterns using up to eight different defense assessment areas for identifying malware, phishing, spam, and other risks to the enterprise. The eight defense assessment areas that comprise ACE are:
- Real-Time Security Classification. Inspects all traffic content for malicious or suspicious code such as obfuscated scripts and iframe tags that often hide malware behind dynamic content.
- Real-Time Content Classification. Employs advanced machine learning to quickly and accurately classify web pages into highly granular content categories for effective access filtering.
- URL Classification. Applies current classification information for known web pages, and assesses new pages and links based on associated sites and redirections.
- Behavioral Sandboxing. Allows suspicious files to be executed and evaluated for malicious activities in a secure sandbox which emulates a real machine down to the processor and memory layers.
- Anti-Malware Engines. Applies state-of-the-art antimalware protection capable of proactively blocking the latest in binary and script-based threats.
- Anti-Spam/Phishing. Provides proactive protection against high volume spam and Phishing campaigns, as well as email-borne threats.
- Reputation Analysis. Reputation databases (both third-party and Forcepoint proprietary) are applied to emails and URLs to block web and email traffic from untrustworthy sources.
- Real-Time Data Classification. Classifies structured and unstructured data with parsing and decoding support to address outbound data theft.