Configuration Manager simplifies the complex task of delivering and managing updates to IT systems across the enterprise.
Use Configuration Manager to help you with the following systems management activities:
- Increase IT productivity and efficiency by reducing manual tasks
- Maximize hardware and software investments.
- Empower user productivity by providing the right software at the right time.
Configuration Manager helps you deliver more effective IT services by enabling:
- Secure and scalable deployment of applications, software updates, and operating systems.
- Real-time actions on managed devices.
- Cloud-powered analytics and management for on-premises and internet-based devices.
- Compliance settings management.
- Comprehensive management of servers, desktops, and laptops.
Configuration Manager extends and works alongside many Microsoft technologies and solutions. For example, Configuration Manager integrates with:
- Microsoft Intune to co-manage a wide variety of mobile device platforms
- Microsoft Azure
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) to manage software updates
- Certificate Services
- Exchange Server and Exchange Online
- Group Policy
- Windows Automated Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) and the User State Migration Tool (USMT)
- Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance