SMART is a software utility that has been designed and optimized to support data forensic practitioners and Information Security personnel in pursuit of their respective duties and goals.
The SMART software and methodology have been developed with the intention of integrating technical, legal and end-user requirements into a complete package that enables the user to perform their job most effectively and efficiently.
SMART is more than a stand-alone data forensic program. The features of SMART allow it to be used in many scenarios, including:
* “Knock-and-talk” inquiries and investigations
* on-site or remote preview of a target system
* post mortem analysis of a dead system
* testing and verification of other forensic programs
* conversion of proprietary “evidence file” formats
* baselining of a system