Endpoint Encryption allows you to transparently secure a broader scope of confidential information, including customer data, intellectual property, legal and financial records, and employee communications — with no system performance degradation.
Gartner has recognized McAfee Endpoint Encryption solutions as a leader for the last five years in the Magic Quadrant for Mobile Data Protection. According to Gartner, the encryption of information stored on endpoints is one of the most effective security controls to protect information from unauthorized access, especially when devices are lost or stolen (source: Gartner: Comparing Endpoint Encryption Technologies, 2013).
With McAfee Endpoint Encryption, you get essential, enterprise-class protection:
- Easy encryption — McAfee Endpoint Encryption delivers near native performance on PCs and Macs via Intel AES-NI, making encryption nearly imperceptible to end users, and enables content to be safely shared with partners and customers, through any medium. McAfee also continually monitors your environment, encrypting new systems as they come online to enforce security policies for all endpoints.
- Easy deployment— Prevent failures during deployment workflow for PC, Mac, and Opal with pre-flight inspections, ongoing health monitoring, and alerting. McAfee accelerates system build processes by streamlining installations with offline activation, fast initial encryption, and encryption retention during re-image.
- Easy maintenance and reporting — Using the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator management console, IT can remotely remediate systems without physical intervention and generate dashboards that correlate your real-time security posture with proof of encryption and compliance reporting.
McAfee Endpoint Encryption includes the following products:
- McAfee Drive Encryption — McAfee provides full disk encryption for PCs and Macs, preventing exposure of sensitive data on laptops and desktop computers (especially in the event of loss or theft) with transparent encryption, and enforces strong access control with two- and three-factor, pre-boot authentication. Drive encryption is compatible with a broad range of standard hard drives, self-encrypting drives, solid state drives, and Apple Fusion drives.
- McAfee File and Removable Media Protection — Scalable to support a virtually unlimited number of users, McAfee File and Removable Media Protection automatically encrypts files and folders as they are shared or moved through an organization. It prevents unauthorized access to data on PCs, laptops, and network servers; secures information saved on removable devices and media that can connect to enterprise endpoints; and enables users to read, edit, and save encrypted data on USB storage devices, CDs, DVDs and ISO file