The Cisco Content Security Management Appliance (SMA) centralizes management and reporting functions across multiple Cisco email and web security appliances. It simplifies administration and planning, improves compliance monitoring, helps to enable consistent enforcement of policy, and enhances threat protection.
Centralized Configuration Management, Tracking, and Reporting for Web
The Cisco SMA simplifies administration by publishing configurations from a single management console to multiple Cisco web security appliances. You can manage updates and settings centrally on the Cisco SMA console rather than on the individual appliances.
Alternatively, organizations can dedicate specific appliances to individual applications in high-volume deployments. Fully integrated reporting consolidates real-time traffic data from multiple Cisco email and web security appliances. Among its web tracking and reporting capabilities, Cisco SMA:
- Records individual web transactions - IP address, username, domain name, time, and more
- Tracks employee use of Web 2.0 applications – Facebook, YouTube, and IM
- Aggregates web tracking information in real time and displays graphically
- Identifies websites, URL categories, and applications accessible using company devices
Centralized Policy, Tracking, Reporting, and Quarantine for Email
With Cisco SMA, you can manage updates and settings centrally rather than on the individual appliances. Message tracking aggregates data from multiple Cisco email security appliances, including data categorized by sender, recipient, message subject, and other parameters. Scanning results, such as spam and virus verdicts, are also displayed, as are policy violations. It also:
- Tracks and reports on message disposition, URLs, and other email attributes
- Consolidates email security quarantines into a single repository
- Includes antispam, antivirus, Outbreak Filters, policy quarantines, and more
By centralizing the management of multiple appliances, administrators can enforce consistent acceptable use policies across the organization
Enhanced Threat Protection.
Enhanced Threat Protection
The Cisco SMA provides a comprehensive view of security for improved threat intelligence, defense, and remediation. That includes:
- Centralized management of email spam quarantine
- Comprehensive threat monitoring across multiple web and email security gateways
- Web reputation scoring
- Botnet detection
The SMA's reporting capabilities can also be used to identify and address key activities and trends for data loss prevention (DLP) and remediation.